Attendance Hotline: 231.922.6320
Parents, please call the attendance hotline on the day your son/daughter is absent from CTC.
All personal absences need to be reported by calling the CTC attendance hotline as well as the student’s home school attendance office. Parents can expect to be notified by an automated phone system, School Messenger, for any unreported absences. Parents are given 48-hours to report or verify student absences. The hotline and message system are available 24 hours a day.
PowerSchool Portal - Check student grades and attendance
2022-22 CTC Student Handbook - for CTC guidelines, policies, and expectations.
CTC 2021-22 School Break Calendar - a resource for important dates to note
HOME HIGH SCHOOL RELATED ABSENCES (No Penalty)
1. Snow/inclement weather days called by sending school or Career-Tech Center
2. Home high school calendar conflicts
3. School-sponsored activities as determined by home school
4. Armed services: ASVAB testing or physical
5. College visitation with home school approval
1. Illness/or absences for medical appointments
2. Family vacation/event (wedding, funeral)
3. Arriving too late or leaving too early
4. Funeral attendance
5. Wedding attendance
6. Penalty day assessed every third tardy
7. Legal business
8. Homebound students
9. Time cards not turned in
10. Religious holidays
13. More than 15 minutes in the sick room
*Extended illnesses, bereavement or extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on an individual basis by the administration and teacher. The student is required to obtain a special consideration contract/request prior to review. Students 18 years of age must still have parental notification of absences unless authorized by an administrator.
All students who are tardy are required to report to the Student Services Office. Tardiness will be penalized by a loss of daily work ethic points. Every third tardy will affect attendance as a penalty day. If the student arrives later than 15 minutes after the home school’s start time or leaves 15 minutes before the scheduled home school departure time, a tardy is recorded. Upon the sixth tardy, the student may be referred to CTC administration for further progressive disciplinary action.
Please refer to the CTC student handbook for a full reference of attendance expectations.